Saturday, July 20, 2013

15 Seconds of Fame

In North America, there is usually an effort to include minority races in advertising ploys to attract more demand, or to remain politically suave. Living in Costa Rica, however, I did not initially consier that this might affect me. Although I was well aware that I am a minority here, I figured people solely viewed me as someone very out of place and not worth their time. Unfortunately I was mistaken.

During the 5k run for the Clinica Biblica, I disregarded the cameras, assuming that they would prioritize the Ticans over me. However, it seems as though I miscalculated, and being one of two white people at the race, I actually made it onto television with this horrendous picture:


And no, I still haven't received a dime for my modeling efforts. (Likewise, I haven't been fined for the decreased number of viewers after they showed this picture, either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment